Saturday, December 6, 2008

And they just keep coming

Holy Moly.  My ovaries are on fire.  Todays count was 23 on the left and 12 on the right.  Luckily a bunch of them are the same size and the largest now are size 14.  My RE predicts that  my Embryo Retrieval will be Wednesday.  But since I have so many follies I am also producing a crap ton of estrogen.  So my E2 has been really high the past couple of days.  My RE changed up my meds (lowered the stims), and I have to go in daily for follie checks and blood draws.  This is to help ensure that I don't end up with ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.   I'm not too scared of this because my RE seems to have things under control.  But you never know.    
Today I have to add ganirelix which should help with the high estrogen levels.  And we are bumping up the stims again.  It sort of feels like I'm on a little roller coaster ride.  

My husband went with me today for the scan and was amazed at my crazy big ovaries.  He kept doubting that I could really feel  anything from the follies but now believes me.  I'm so uncomfortable.  I'm really looking forward to my ER.  

After the doctor appointment we went and checked out cars.  We've been arguing over what kind of car to get for over 6 months.  I like the rav4 and cx7.  I also like the outback.  My husband likes sports cars, but we already have an A4 and I really want something bigger.  But he just can't bite the bullet on a bigger car.  But now is a really good time to buy a car.  So we really feel like we have to make a decision.  Today we test drove the lexus hybrid smaller SUV.  I love it.  I don't know if my husband feels as sure about this as I do (he can never make a decision).  But I could go back and just buy that car tomorrow.  It suits our needs completely.  Lots of space in the rear for Bailey and hopefully a stroller.  Lots of leg room in the back and front.  Drives like a dream, good gas mileage, great maintenance package, and really great pricing (right now).  And I love that it is a hybrid.  I'm going to have to crack K on his hesitancy.  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have been waiting for an update from you ;0) Wow, seems like your stimming really well. Glad to hear your Dr is keeping a really close eye on you too. Can't wait to hear how your ER goes

April said...

so excited about your ovaries :)

can't wait to hear what you decide to do with the car situation. we have a lease that is up in march and we will have to get a car then. our second car is a vibe and we need something a little bigger...even though i am totally tempted by the mini cooper. it's so cute. (but not very practical for hauling around kids...)

Michelle said...

YAY I am so excited about all your follies. Good Luck with the retrieval. I will be crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Dora said...

Awesome! Go ovaries!!!

TTC a lil F said...

Yay!! That is wonderful news. Ouch, it sounds like it would hurt though. I had six big follies and I felt like I was carrying around baseballs. When will you be ready? I am so excited to hear updates.

Petrucia said...

great news on your follies! yeay!
good thinkg that your husband went with you and now he believes you when you complain of discomfort. My husband was also impressed when he went and saw how big the follicles actually are. Imagine having 23 in only one ovary!
Wishing you success with the changes in medication, so that they keep growing at a healthy pace.
The hybrid car sounds really cool. ;)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! You have so many follies. That's awesome!

alicia said...

wow! you go girl!!!!

ohh sounds like a nice car! Hope you can convince him :)

alicia said...

wow! you go girl!!!!

ohh sounds like a nice car! Hope you can convince him :)

B MoM said...

I have a 2007 rav4 and I love it. Wish I could afford a lexus though, I'd buy that one in a heart beat. =)