Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pins and Needles


I had my first acupuncture appointment yesterday morning. And I have to say that it was pretty relaxing. Kind of like going for a massage. The doctor actually did start with a light massage, then started the pin cushion treatment. It was weird. But did not hurt at all. I didn't really expect to have pins in my ears, ankles, forehead, and lower abdomen. After the needles were in, I was told to lay there and think happy thoughts. I thought of John Mayer songs and clouds. I would never have thought to do this if it were not for my friend who had her little miracle baby in September. She encouraged me to try this and even got a recommendation of which place to use from her acupuncturist. She also took herbs and swore that the combo of herbs and acupuncture did the trick. So I'm just going to see what happens. No matter what, I'll still feel relaxed after the treatment. And I keep hearing that if I just relax I'll get pregnant. So we shall see.

By the way, that is not me in the picture. Just something I googled.

1 comment:

littlemonkey said...

hey, I'm so happy I ran back into you over on the new board, because I missed the link to your blog... I enjoy it. Hope the acupuncturist works out well for you, and, as you said, if nothing else, at least it was relaxing.
:)