Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tag!

So I've been tagged by Ariella who is a thoughtful writer and has a great blog chronicling her journey from IF to pregnancy.  So for this game of tag I have to write a six word memoir... a Meme.  To quote Ariella's blog "The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was planning:  Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.  It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet $10 that he could sum up his life in six words.  His were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Hmmm, a six word memoir.  This is tough.  I guess the best way to do this is to describe myself.  I
1.  I'm a woman who truly believes in love.  A good love song to me is almost as good as good sex.  (and obviously I seem to use the word good a lot).
2.  I'm a scientist.  I study microbes.  Living creatures too tiny to see with the naked eye, but have a huge impact on the world.  Like Quantum 
3.  I internalize a lot of stuff.  My husband complains that I don't share enough.  Odd, I share a lot here.  But I guess I don't vocalize it.  Quiet.  
4.  I feel like there is something missing in my life right now.  I have a great husband and a great family.  I love my work.  But I know I'll never feel complete until we have a child.  A child that looks a little like him and a little like me.
5.  Home sick.  California is wonderful in many ways but it is not home.  I dream of going back to Massachusetts, to warm summers and real fall that only New England can give you.  I want my kids to have 4 seasons with snow days and swimming in the ocean without a wetsuit.  

Quantum good love, quite little home.

Actually that is a perfect meme for me.  I like it.  

So I have to tag five more blogs, and they are supposed to continue the game by making their own Meme and tagging five blogs each.  

I'm tagging Alpaca, Esharp, Little Monkey, Tbird, and  JackiJaguar.  These are all girls who I originally met on the nest and am now addicted to their blogs.  

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, this will be tough, but I am up for a challenge. Look for my Meme soon, I'll work on it tomorrow, right now I have zero energy. Thanks for tagging me and for being addicted to my blog. :)

Stephanie said...

Ok so it wasn't as hard as I thought. :) Meme = done. I love yours too...so thoughtful and meaningful. It is amazing that a few words really can sum things up sometimes.

littlemonkey said...

Hmmm, am I up for the challenge?!? I think I am, however, not at 3:30am. Stay tuned for a Meme from me in the next day or so :)

Erin said...

I like the way you worked through that... now I am off to wrack my brains for a good one.

Ariella said...

Thanks for doing it! I love wha you wrote. My brain so doesn't work the way you did yours but it is beautiful and I love it.

Amanda said...

I love your 6 word memoir and I'm glad that you like your new RE clinic. What science do you study?

Cece said...

I can't imagine living in CA after living in MA. I moved from CT to MA 9 years ago, and I never want to leave. I love it here. You should at take a trip out in the fall - it's good for the soul.

janineb said...

I am loving reading all your memes. I especially loved your thought process echloe!

DC said...

I agree with you about the seasons. California is great, but I miss fall!

DC said...

I agree with you about the seasons. California is great, but I miss fall!

DC said...

I agree with you about the seasons. California is great, but I miss fall!

Anonymous said...

I give birth to be familiar with a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web period file and disposition be checking back soon. Divert repress out of order my put as ok and let me conscious what you think. Thanks.