Wednesday, May 28, 2008

13 DPO- one day until testing

I was startled awake this morning after a particularly vivid dream in which my doctor told my husband and me that I was pregnant.  And in the dream she was disappointed that we weren't excited enough.  But we were we just couldn't show it.  It was so strange, but so real at the same time.  I went back to sleep and when I woke the second time had the overwhelming feeling that my period had started.  I went to check and nothing....just leaky prometrium.  But even now I still feel crampy like my period is coming.  So I'm prepared for this cycle to end like all the others.  

Here are the reasons why a BFN would be tolerable.  

1.  Going to a wedding in Napa this weekend and am a huge wino.
2.  ummm, o.k. I don't have a number two.  

Well a quasi-#2 is that I think the IUI tentatively scheduled for next month will give us a good shot of really getting pregnant.  The one snafu here is that we are traveling mid month and that could happen right around ovulation time if I really am starting my period today.  Then we would just have to do timed intercourse again and wait for July.  I guess it is not the worst thing in the world.  I've waited this long.  But I would rather just be able to go on to the IUI.  So hopefully even if I'm not pregnant I won't get my period for a few more days and then ovulation will happen when we return from our trip and I'll be able to do the IUI.  

Stay away Aunt Flo.  Just for a few more days.  Stay away.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I was about to post my own "BFN would be OK post.
Ever wonder if you're playing reverse psychology on your uterus?

I don't think they're that gullible, sadly.

SAHW said...

Hopefully she stays away for more than just a few days!

JW Moxie said...

I'm with SAHW - stay away, AF, for way longer than just a few days.

BTW - Jason Mraz - love him.